Re: Is there an easier way?

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Tue Oct 19 09:10:01 PDT 2010

Hi David

Further to what Nadine has said:

1. You can use conditional text in FrameMaker to "condition out" your screenshots before converting to Help. We use conditions such as BookOnly or HelpOnly, along with different coloured condition indicators. Display only the appropriate conditions before creating the Help.

2. To handle your cross-reference formats, you can use a dummy template. In that template you define the cross-ref format with the same name as in your regular template, but edit the format to contain only the Heading. Then when you are ready to create your help, import cross-ref formats from the dummy template into your documents. You can do that on a book-wide basis in a single operation.

I'm afraid I don't understand your second question...

Hope this helps.

Roger

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation