AW: off topic: e-drawings, eps files, frame and pdf

Georg Eck eck at squidds.de
Wed Oct 20 22:27:38 PDT 2010

Hi Jo,

one of more solutions, following with e-drawings and Acrobat 8 or 9 Pro
Ext.:

1. Open Acrobat 8 Pro 3D or 9 Pro Ext.
2. Open the drawing with e-drawings, move it in the position you like
it.
3. Push PRTSC and the graphic from e-drawings will save in Acrobat, you
can save it as u3d in PDF.
4. Import this in your FrameMaker file.

Other way:
1. Open the Solidworks original file with Acrobat 8 Pro 3D Toolkit,
Acrobat 9 Pro Ext. 3D Previewer
or Take DEEP EXPLORATION from Right Hemisphere.
2. Now you can reduce objects and save it as u3d.
2. Import this in your FrameMaker file.

Add-On: If you like to set links in FrameMaker to views and animations
in you u3d and to create a 3D PDF, then take
SQUIDDS 3D Communication Package (www.squidds.de/en/3dpdf)

- Georg

Framers,  I know this is way off topic - but knowing how much knowledge
there is on here, I'm hoping somebody can point me to a good resource or
forum to help.

I'm trying to get vector images from Solidworks e-drawings into
FrameMaker and then to PDF.  However in the resulting PDF, the vectors
draw so slowly on the page that it is causing problems for our readers.