Graphics average weight

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Thu Oct 21 14:30:44 PDT 2010

>> -- In Acrobat, select Document > Reduce File Size. I haven't used this
>> much, but it shrunk a 4.2 MB file to 2.5 MB. Graphics quality may be
>> somewhat lower, but I'm not sure, since the PDF came from elsewhere.

I've tried this method and discovered it reduces some image quality (in my files, at least) to an unacceptable level.

Instead, I've found using Advanced > PDF Optimizer a better solution as it allows me to specify the Image Downsample parameters.

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
Tel: (604) 279-8550, ext 127