Fm9.0p255: trouble in Unicode paradise

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 05:01:51 PDT 2010

Hi group

I'm using Fm9.0p255, Windows XP SP3.

I've got Fm files which contain Chinese text (OpenType font: Arial Unicode
MS). Everything looks OK, but when I update my Fm book (Edit > Update Book)
and cross-references, the Chinese characters in cross-references become
question marks. I can fix this by doing one of the following:

   - For each individual Fm file, choose Edit > Update References > All
   Cross-references, or
   - Save, close and reopen all files in my book.

This is, of course, only a workaround.

I guess this is a bug, right? Has anyone else seen this? Is this bug known
to Adobe? Can I ask someone to develop a Framescript and charge Adobe for
it? ;-)

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion