Frame to RoboHelp Conversion

Thu Oct 28 10:38:23 PDT 2010

Morgan Saarikoski wrote:

> I have a Frame document that I am converting to RoboHelp; I was doing some
> reading about how to perform this task and came across a suggestion that
> instead of performing a full conversion, that it is better to link a Frame
> document to RoboHelp - great idea!  This should make subsequent updates a
> breeze.....
>
> Additionally, I am not an expert user with either of these programs and
> still struggle with anything beyond formatting basics.  Directions for this
> specific procedure are minimal at best - can anyone explain, in detail, how
> to do this?
>
> Also, I am unable to upload any plug-ins or additional software to aid in
> this task.

You don't mention any version numbers. To link FM docs into RH projects, you need the Technical Communications Suite, which includes special versions of FM and RH that include the "hooks" to make this possible. So, unless you already have TCS, your last pgf means this workflow isn't an option.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom