[OT] Adobe's pricing policy

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 08:13:48 PDT 2010

At 16:03 +0200 28/10/10, Yves Barbion wrote:

>Huh?

Darryl is maybe a computer program of some sort?

I had a similar exchange with PayPal recently. That time, after wending my way through an impenetrable forest of web options, I talked to a real, [apparently] human female, but for all the sense I got out of her she might as well have been a robot.

There has always been a huge differential in the price of Adobe products between Europe and the US afaik. The reason is... yes, you guessed it... 'the cost of doing business in each country'. I 'dunno about perceived value: if you need a tool, you need the tool... it's not as if you're sitting there thinking 'Shall I buy Acrobat Pro, or shall I buy JoeSmurf's BitLikeAcrobat CrippleProduct instead and save thirty bucks?

Maybe someone from Adobe could explain it?

--
Steve