[OT] Adobe's pricing policy

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Oct 28 12:08:08 PDT 2010

> > But why bother with 9? X is shipping...

> Say what? When? And are they really going to call it X instead of 10?

> Mike Wickham

I got my e-mail from Adobe about this sometime last week as I recall. I believe the shipping date is Nov 1, but forget where I saw that.

And, I have no idea why it is "X" instead of "10". :)

My only [usual] gripe is with the upgrade pricing (like all Adobe upgrades!). It is $199 regardless of whether you have Acrobat 9 Pro *or* Acrobat 9 Pro Extended to go to Acrobat X Pro (there is only one X Pro version - nothing called X Pro Extended as far as I can know).

IMHO, the price for going from 9 Pro Extended to X Pro should be lower - since we already paid a premium for that 9 Pro Extended version!