Running Header Problem

Galanter, Lea Lea.Galanter at fticonsulting.com
Wed Sep 1 10:04:22 PDT 2010

Hi Fellow Framers,

I'm using Frame 9 on Windows 7 and I'm having a problem with a running
header that is not doing what it used to do. I'm using the Running H/F2
to put the title of the chapter at the top of the page, starting with
the second page of the chapter. For some reason, in a new book I've
created, the header is showing up on the first page, even though I'm
using the same template as with previous books. It's the exact same
variable as in all the other books I've created, so it should work the
same. In the dialog box for editing the variable, in the Location
section, it says M:Right(1), which I guess is what makes the heading not
appear on the first page of the chapter. (I didn't configure this
variable originally.)

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

p.s. I could really use a class on working with Master pages, if anyone
knows of one!

Lea Galanter
Lead Technical Editor and Writer
F T I Technology