Running Header Problem

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Sep 1 10:25:46 PDT 2010

On 01/09/2010 1:04 PM, Galanter, Lea wrote:
> Hi Fellow Framers,
>
> I'm using Frame 9 on Windows 7 and I'm having a problem with a running
> header that is not doing what it used to do. I'm using the Running H/F2
> to put the title of the chapter at the top of the page, starting with
> the second page of the chapter. For some reason, in a new book I've
> created, the header is showing up on the first page, even though I'm
> using the same template as with previous books. It's the exact same
> variable as in all the other books I've created, so it should work the
> same. In the dialog box for editing the variable, in the Location
> section, it says M:Right(1), which I guess is what makes the heading not
> appear on the first page of the chapter. (I didn't configure this
> variable originally.)
>
> Can anyone help me out here?
>
> Thanks!
>
> p.s. I could really use a class on working with Master pages, if anyone
> knows of one!
>
> Lea Galanter

Hi Lea,

Most probably your file has three master pages -- Left, Right, and
First.  FM creates the L/R automatically when you choose double-sided
layout, but whoever created your template would have added the First
master page, in which they created a header without including the
Running H/F2 variable.  All you need to do is apply the First master
page to the first page of your file, and you should be OK.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator