Master Page Setup - "First Page Special" plus Right/Left

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Sep 1 12:08:36 PDT 2010

FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
Unstructured
OS: XP Pro with SP3
FM Experience: 15 months
Writing Team: 1 (me)

I've been through the FM 9 manual and Scriptorium's Unstructured Frame 8 and all I can find is a mention that what I want is possible - but no instructions on how to do it.

I need to create a new Master Page setup for a document (not a Book). I want a first page that is different as I need to use the footer for contact info, copyright statement, release date, etc,. The rest of the document should use the standard right/left layout with page numbers (beginning on page 2) and always ending with an even numbered page.

The document itself is very straightforward, with a header and footer and single flow body.

I have a basic Right/Left setup complete, but now I need to figure out how to create that special first page and have my (unused) Body view show 2 pages. So far, no luck. As this will become a much used format - replacing a whole host of small MS Word docs - I need to get this figured out. Any help would be appreciated.

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
130 - 4311 Viking Way