Disappearing conditions in x-refs

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Tue Sep 7 10:06:45 PDT 2010

Hi Danny,

If I understand correctly, this may be happening because of the nature of
FrameMaker cross-references. For example, if you select a cross-reference in
FrameMaker, and apply a color directly to it, it will show the color.
However, if you choose Edit > Update References, check All Cross-References
and click Update, the color will change back to its original color. That is
because the cross-reference's text is being "regenerated" and you lose the
color that was applied manually. The same would probably happen with
conditional text.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267