Disappearing conditions in x-refs

Danny Lombardi dannylombardi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:51:28 PDT 2010

Hi Rick,

I hear you. We've been using conditions on xrefs for some time with no
problems. All of other projects use them without a hitch, which leads me to
believe this is some kind of file corruption.

>From our troubleshooting, we've noticed that it has something to do with
the "HiddenOnline" character style in the xref definition:

</><HiddenOnline>\`<$paratext><HiddenOnline>\' on page\ <$pagenum></>
Removing "HiddenOnline" from the definition and from
the character catalog appears to resolve the problem. It's just hard to
imagine what could cause this in one project when so many others have
been fine using the extact same Frame template for more than 5 years.

I guess we'll just have to keep our eyes peeled when working other projects
in the future or go into each and make the same fix preemptively.

Many thanks for getting back to me!
Dan