Color Profile Error When Trying to Print to PDF

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Wed Sep 8 08:30:05 PDT 2010

A colleague of mine is unable to produce a PDF from a FrameMaker book.
She's got FrameMaker 7.2 (with the patches) on Windows XP SP3. We've
tried Print Book (checked Generate Acrobat Data and used the Adobe PDF
printer), and Save As PDF, and print to PostScript and run it through
Distiller, and they all produce the same error log:

%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: setdistillerparams; ErrorInfo:
CalCMYKProfile U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2 ]%%

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

Error accessing color profile: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I've tried updating her color definitions with the same ones I'm using,
but that doesn't change the result. She's getting this error on all her
books that she tries to print. Oh, they're all structured files, in case
that matters.

Any suggestions?

Fei Min Lorente
Senior Technical Communicator