Text Inset anomalies

Dick Spierings d.spierings at fluidwell.com
Thu Sep 9 06:39:29 PDT 2010

Dear Framers,

Text insets are one of the most powerful options of FrameMaker but they
do not buy you heaven on earth: I know some issues that exist for years
now and make that almost-there-but-not--quite feeling a very frustrating
one when using text insets. I want to run this extra quarter of a mile
but FrameMaker won't let me. To name a few:

1.  Everywhere I insert a text inset, Frame adds a carriage return. This
means that after the text inset I always start on a  new line
(paragraph).  In other words, a text inset is treated as a paragraph. It
would mean a lot to me if I could treat text insets like any other word
or as part of a sentence - without being confronted with the unavoidable
CR at the end...

2. When I update a text inset the paragraph following the text inset
inherits the style of the first line in the text inset.

I have more, but let's start with these: Who knows a solution/effective
workaround?

Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Dick Spierings

' +31 (0)413 343786