Invisible numbers are appearing on the PDF file

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Fri Sep 17 05:59:30 PDT 2010

Hi Richard:

Thanks for responding. I'll explain a bit more.

- I'm printing to postscript then distilling it because I want to use
TimeSavers. Now that I'm using Acrobat 9, Distiller is running with
different options, so by default it bypasses TimeSavers. The only way to
get it to run with TimeSavers is to run Distiller with the -f option,
and so I have to do that separately. If I try to create a PDF the way
you describe now, I can't find the PDF file. It says it's creating it,
but then I can't find it anywhere.

- I want the chapter numbers to appear in a different place from the
chapter title. They are off to the left and centered in a pretty
graphic. I couldn't do this if the chapter number was part of the
paragraph that contains the chapter title text. Since the number that
appears is a separate paragraph, I can't use this number in the TOC.
Hence the reason for a tiny, invisible chapter number.

- The character tag is actually called ChapNum and the color is
Invisible. I didn't leave everything else As Is in the character
definition but since it's invisible, does it really matter?

Fei Min