To remove local formatting from a paragraph

Avraham Makeler amakeler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 13:46:02 PDT 2010

>> Yes, you end up importing the formats back into itself.

Oh dear...

>> To change just one paragraph, I would try and determine what was done to
modify that particular paragraph by comparing the settings,

Comparing the settings ... and eyeballing field by field, tab by tab ...
Oh dear... so much for hi-tech...

>> using the paragraph Designer (Ctrl+M) of a modified and unmodified
paragraph.

And how can I be sure that any particular paragraph has remained unmodified?

Thinking ... And just suppose all paragraphs have all actually -- ALL --
been modified? No way back?

(And btw, simply clicking Apply in the Paragraph Designer does not work.
Seems that FM notices that the paragraph already has that style and so
doesn't apply anything. So the Paragraph Designer should offer a 'Force'
option, IMO.)

This is all so convoluted that the simplest way I have found seems better
than all the others: just change the paragraph style to any other style, and
then change the paragraph style to back to what you want. That works.

Anyway, if this is the way things are, Word beats FM hands down on this
point.

Thanks,

avraham

--
Regards,

avraham
~~~~~~~~~
054-3084886

"Mercy on all, coz everyone's fighting some sort of battle"