Problems with Acrobat 9.4.3 on Win 7 x64

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Tue Apr 5 08:30:35 PDT 2011

Dear all,

After switching form Windows XP to Windows 7 x64 I have problems with Acrobat 9: The PDF generation
etc is all fine, but when trying to export a page (or several pages) as image(s), the created formats
are not correct. See my lamento at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/818977

Since I did not get an answer within 20 days I did the following (after an automatic update to 9.4.3
not solving the problem):

- Uninstall Acrobat and re-install it for the nth time: start with the installation of 9.0 from TCS2,
reboot, update to 9.2, reboot, update to 9.4.3 and reboot again.

The result is very mixed (and this was alrady with the newly installed 9.0):

- Save as RTF or DOC creates RTF and DOC files - although the contents is not that useful.
- Save as PNG is OK
- Save as JPG, JP2 or TIF works, but it turns out, that the files are all PNG (although with the
various extensions)!
- Creating a snapshot now works correctly. The clipboard receives a bitmap. However: although I have
set the preferences for the snapshot to be of 96 dpi the bitmap gets the property 72 dpi!

Keep in mind: on Windows XP things worked correctly for a long time. Switching to Window 7, x64
creates these strange problems.

I need to start with Acrobat from the TCS2 DVD, because otherwise I do not get the correct
implementation for working with FrameMaker.

And there are other quirks with Acrobat: updates destroy the Printer Preferences and Printer
Properties in the Adobe PDF printer:
- "Use System Fonts only" is set again
- Paper size is Letter again.

Any hope for a correction of this?