Training and Tools for DITA

Joseph Lorenzini panopticon23 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:56:01 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a colleague who may want to make the jump into DITA. I am old school
with unstructured FrameMaker but I know there's plenty out there but I'd
like to get recommendations from you all. I am looking for FrameMaker
plugins for 1) converting unstructured framemaker 9 files into DITA  and 2)
that help with DITA authoring in general, though I believe FrameMaker's out
of the box capabilities are pretty decent. Also, are there some good DITA
tutorials out there? Cost is an issue for my colleague so closer to free
would be preferable :).

Sincerely,
Joseph Lorenzini