Using font mapping for the long term

LG Lists lists at techcomplus.com
Fri Apr 8 14:55:53 PDT 2011

All,

I've read about how to do font mapping in the maker.ini file and have
successfully set up the mapping that I need.

It seems that my client, another writer, and I have slightly different
versions a of the two main fonts we're going to use. Rather than make us buy
more fonts, I'm thinking that the font mapping solves the problem.

I'd just like to be certain that it will work on an ongoing basis. For the
most part, only one of us will be in any given set of files, but the client
may need to make a minor edit and the other writer may need to also.

If we get the fonts to map successfully (for example my client needs to map
the version Helvetica that I have the version they have) is there any reason
for concern about operating this way for the long term?

Oh, we also all have different versions of FM (7, 8, and 9), but I don't
think that affects this issue. I know we'll need to use Save As to open the
files in older versions.

Thanks!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
STC Fellow
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com <http://www.techcomplus.com/>
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
Tutorials, "show me" demos, user guides, help, FrameMaker and WebWorks
ePublisher templates
RMIMA Secretary
www.RMIMA.org <http://www.rmima.org/>