FM10 working in index extremely sluggish

Johan Anglemark johan.anglemark at iar.com
Thu Apr 14 05:46:42 PDT 2011

We just upgraded to Frame 10 from Frame 8. We have our source files on a
file server. This has always meant worse performance, but nothing we
haven't been able to handle. Until now.

After starting to use Frame 10, any operation in the generated index
file, from scrolling to selecting text or following a hyperlink to the
index marker in another file, takes forever. Well, at least five
seconds, sometimes two or three times that, per operation.

Any clues? It's the same for all three of us, and we have different
systems (one laptop with Windows 7, one desktop with Windows 7, one
desktop with XP).

Thanks in advance for any hints where to troubleshoot!

Johan Anglemark
--
Johan Anglemark, Technical Communicator & Localization Manager.
IAR Systems AB