OT: Adobe Acrobat question

Spectrum Writing info at spectrumwritingllc.com
Wed Apr 20 11:41:36 PDT 2011

All,

Not a Framemaker question, but because of all the FM/Acrobat gurus on this
list, I know I can get an answer. Just purchased  a new laptop and am in the
throes of setting up my environment. I installed my legally purchased copy
of Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended 9.0. After installation, the version is 9.2.0,
and I want to make it current - 9.4.3. I go to Help > Check for Updates, and
I immediately get a message that states that "Updater is already running."
Say what? How can that be? The very first time that I opened Help > Check
for Updates, I got this message, so . . . As a result, I cannot check for
updates and bring my Acrobat version up to 9.4.3 unless I go to Adobe's site
and download every single flippin' update for 9.0 that is out there in
sequential order and install. That will take hours and is not feasible. How
can I get this Help > Check for Updates function operational for my
installation?

Thanks!

TVB

Tammy Van Boening