Cover needs to bleed

LG Lists lists at techcomplus.com
Wed Apr 20 10:24:26 PDT 2011

I'm joining in on this thread, because this very issue just came up with a
client.

I've read Bill Swallow's response and Stuart's below, but I still don't
understand how to set up the FM file.

I'm setting up the front and back covers to be one file separate from the
main book.

I can't get to the printer, because I was steered to the client's graphics
person. He wanted me to leave the page size as 8.5 x 11 and set up "guides"
for the 1/8" extra margin then just create the PDF without crop marks. As
far as I know FM doesn't have guides like that. I'm not sure if the PDF will
work without crop marks or changing the page size. (He uses InDesign.)

I went to the link below and based on that created a graphic box that is 8.5
x 11" with 0 top -0.02" left.

I'll insert the graphic into that box, then I'm not sure what. Anything else
I need to do in FM? I don't know how to make the PDF work for the bleeds.

On top of this, I need to put text in specific places to match up with
elements on the graphics. So, I'll put the graphic on the master page. Then
I'm think I'll add anchored frames in the right places and put text boxes
inside them for the text elements. Does that make sense?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
STC Fellow
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
Tutorials, "show me" demos, user guides, help, FrameMaker and WebWorks
ePublisher templates
RMIMA Secretary
www.RMIMA.org