PDF Bookmarks [P]

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Apr 27 07:30:58 PDT 2011

On 27/04/2011 6:05 AM, Milton, Cynthia wrote:
> Classification: Serco Public
>
> I believe I've now tried all combinations, and still no dice. Printing
> to PS and then distilling doesn't work either. I still have bookmarks in
> the individual index file, and none at all in the huge one.
>
> I'll keep trying, but . . .
>
> I may have to self-harm.
>
> Cynthia Milton - 0773 889 5991
> Technical Documentation

As long as you stick to beer-overdose, you should be OK.

Do you have Create Named Destinations for All Paragraphs turned on in
the Links tab of PDF setup (in the Book)?

Have you tried making a PDF of a subset of, say, one chapter plus index?

Oh, and do you have crop marks turned on by any chance?  FM doesn't make
hyperlinks if crop marks are on, since they are only used for print
documents where links would be useless bloat.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if
they are genuine."

    --Benjamin Disraeli