Extracting art from Word docs

Maike Roeder roeder at squidds.de
Thu Apr 28 00:32:45 PDT 2011

Hi Tom,

That's a good question, managing images is very important. For a long
time it's possible to manage images in FrameMaker by referencing copied
graphics, exporting images to a folder, or doing book transfers and
selecting a folder for the graphics. Today we also manage graphics
between FrameMaker, Bridge, Photoshop and Illustrator to change quality
or file format with ExtendedScripts.

If you have many Word files with images, I would suggest you go the
following way:

1. Open the Word file with FrameMaker -> The images will be imported as
copied images

2. Take the TOOLBOX/FINALYSER feature "Export copied Graphics" -> All
images will be referenced

3. Use book transfer to sort and re-organize your referenced files in
separate folders

4. If you like to change the file format user the FINALYSER
ExtendedScripts

Send me a Word file if you like and I will create a re-organized
FrameMaker file with a folder of the graphics for you.

- Maike