warnings, cautions, notes in sw documentation

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 03:33:33 PDT 2011

Hi hessiansx4,

Here is how we define them in our doc:

. Warning mention (+ pictogram): WARNING indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, can result in death or serious injury.

. Caution mention (+ picto): CAUTION indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, can result in minor or moderate injury.

. Caution mention (without picto): CAUTION, used without the safety alert symbol, indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, can result in equipment damage.

We talk about "equipment damage" because our soft is used for remote equipment control.

Mathieu.