Spacebar Doesn't Always Create a Space

Michalak, Patricia S (APHIS) Patricia.S.Michalak at aphis.usda.gov
Mon Aug 1 11:59:38 PDT 2011

I'm enjoying a spiffy, new FM 9 template created for my group. It's great except for one quirk: The spacebar doesn't always create a space.

Across all paragraph tags, hitting the spacebar does not create a space in the text at the cursor. If I place the cursor at the end of a word, and hit the spacebar, I'm simply moved to the next word but a space has not been created.

If I place the cursor in the middle of a word and hit the spacebar, one space is created (creating two words), but additional taps on the spacebar do nothing.

However, if I open a new FM document without importing the character tags from the new template, my spacebar works as it should within the default paragraph tags.

Does anyone have any ideas?