Internal Error 10014 when saving book file after generating

Chittister, Robyn Robyn.Chittister at calchamber.com
Thu Aug 4 01:51:00 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using FrameMaker 10.0.1.402 on Windows 7. I have a very large book file - 30 files that total over 1000 pages. Track changes is enabled. All conditional text is shown. All cross-references are resolved.

Sometimes, after generating the book, I will try to save it. I will then receive the error:
Internal Error 10014, 6377587, 6370465, 6383969. FrameMaker has detected a serious problem and must quit.
Please describe your recent actions and send this, along with the generated file, to fmerror at adobe.com<mailto:fmerror at adobe.com>.

Even if I then deleted the generated files, any time I would generate the book, and then try to save it, I would receive the error.

At first, it happened when I added the TOC. Then, I was able to add and generate the TOC, but when I tried to use our template, the book crashed. I finally got that to work. Then, I added an index, and the book crashed when I tried to save it. Then, I could add the index, but when I imported reference and master pages, then generated the book and tried to save it, the book crashed.

Today, I just opened the book, which had been fine last night, generated it, tried to save it, and the book crashed.

I tried all sorts of things this evening, and sometimes the book crashed, sometimes it didn't. I have a very long file that details what I tried.

I have it all working now, but I don't know why it works, and I don't know how long it will work. I saved to MIF, but a working book and non-working book are the same  number of pages and the same number of characters.

I've seen the Adobe support forum topic on this issue, and it doesn't apply here.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening?

Thank you!

~Robyn

Robyn Chittister
robyn.chittister at calchamber.com