Frame 7.0 Internal Error When Trying to Generate a Book

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Aug 8 14:00:35 PDT 2011

On 08/08/2011 4:30 PM, Ed Lightle wrote:
> I keep receiving an internal error message and Frame crashes when I
> try to generate a book.
>
> The error log contains these Internal Error numbers: 7004, 4817875,
> 4817573, 5204561
>
> I can generate other books, however.
>
> Any ideas what I can do to fix this one book?

Hi Ed,

Frame does not generate books; it generates files (TOC, Index, etc.), so
it's not clear what you're trying to do -- update a book?  create a TOC?
  save as PDF?  print to PDF?

Assuming "update", here are some suggestions.  Most likely the cause is
a corrupt graphic or file (either a chapter file or the book file
itself).  Divide and conquer:

Are all the files already open when you attempt the process?  If not,
open each one and see if that alone causes any error messages.

Otherwise--
Create a new book file and add to it your first chapter. Create your TOC
and other generated files. Update.
   If update fails, the first chapter may be (or contain) the problem.
   If update works, add the second chapter; test the update again.
Lather, rinse, repeat.  At the point where update fails, you may have
just added the problem chapter.  Try removing just that chapter from the
original book file and test the update again there.

If update in the new book never fails, your original book file may be
corrupt.  Your new book is already the solution.

If you identify a chapter as having a problem, try printing it (alone)
to Adobe PDF.  If there's a bad graphic in it, the log file will help
you locate the page containing the graphic.

Another approach: do a "MIF wash"-- save all files as .MIF, re-open and
resave as .FM, then try the update again.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator