FrameMaker graphics question

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 07:00:41 PDT 2011

At 16:41 +0300 11/8/11, Shmuel Wolfson wrote:

>I'd like to insert a graphic on the cover page that covers the entire page, then write text on top of it.
>
>I inserted the graphic on the master page, but I don't see it on the body page.
>
>Any ideas?

Should work ok. Obvious question: is the body page you are looking at the one that uses the master page with the graphic? ;-)

>I planned on inserting the large graphic on the master page and the text in text boxes on the body page. Is that the right way to do this?

I'm not sure that there's a right way, but that's certainly a valid way to do it. It all depends on how you want the text to behave, flow/not flow, etc.

Just in case I've missed something, I've just done what you suggest and it works ok here. I used an all-black background on the master page and white text in the text frame on the body page.

The only problem you may encounter is in printing a page that contains edge-to-edge graphics, as many printers cannot print right to the edge of a page. PDFs should be fine though.

--
Steve