Export FM Settings

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Thu Aug 11 13:26:49 PDT 2011

FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
Unstructured
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
FM Experience: 2+years

I received a new computer this year which has been a real pain and is about to go back to the "shop" to try and find out why I get multiple "black screens of death" every time I boot. I am getting another new computer as a replacement which will be mine to keep (my "old-new" computer will be given to another employee once the kinks are worked out).

However, this means I have to reconfigure a new system with all the pain that entails.

In the interest of speeding up the process, I am wondering whether there is some way - in addition to copying over the maker.ini file - that I can export FM settings from one computer in order to import them into FM9 on the one.

I'm specifically thinking of my personalized Workspace, but if there are any other things that can be exported/imported, I would love a list as well as where to find them or how to export them.

Also, if anyone has any tips for doing the same thing with other Adobe programs (Acrobat 9, Illustrator 15.0.2) I'd love that information as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alison

Alison Craig
Lead Technical Writer

604-279-8550 (ext 127) | fax 604-279-8559
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation | www.ultrasonix.com<http://www.ultrasonix.com>

[cid:image001.gif at 01CC5829.18F71090]