Which FMaker version?

Peter Hirons peter at galley.ie
Sat Aug 13 02:57:24 PDT 2011

I strongly suspect that you will not be able to buy anything other than the latest version through the normal channels. Most software companies insist that their dealers withdraw the old version when the new on comes along.

You might find an older version from a back-street box shifter or from somewhere like eBay, but support may be difficult.

In any case you should go for the latest – you don’t need to use Structured – and keep your documents simple until you feel confident to go for the more advanced features.

You should also get some training – minimal for you, but not for anyone with no prior knowledge of FM.  The “Classroom in a Book” series are good if you can’t get to formal training.

Peter