FW: Responses to Can't get a pdf file from FM 10

VLM TechSubs TechSubs at VibrantLivingMinistries.org
Sun Aug 14 17:59:16 PDT 2011

Thanks Art, this makes sense ... and I am not in a position to do much
testing here. All my use of FM is for lower-bar projects, so to speak.

Best regards,
Elchanan

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Art Campbell
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 5:11 PM
To: FrameUsers List
Subject: Fwd: FW: Responses to Can't get a pdf file from FM 10

Well, yes and no.

On friend's systems and systems that don't do publishing, I've played with a
number of the free products, and most of them definitely do produce usable
PDFs.

But if you up the ante a bit and start looking at using PDFs in professional
situations where you're interested in commenting, online reviews, sharing
data from a common server and multiple users, or going to commercial,
professional printers where font handling, separations and printing tools
come into play.... I haven't really seen any non-Adobe products that gave me
a warm and fuzzy feeling that there wouldn't be something lacking somewhere
critical.

So it probably depends on where you'd set the bar and what you need to do
with the PDF.

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.