Restore numbering properties for Appendices in large book

Carol Gosnell carol.gosnell at netwitness.com
Mon Aug 22 11:50:35 PDT 2011

I have been working on a large User Guide for a software release and
concurrently have been updating the templates to coordinate with RoboHelp. I
didn't think there were any changes that would affect the numbering
properties, but suddenly, when I updated my book, all the appendices are
labeled A. No matter what I specify in the numbering dialog boxes, there is
no change. I have tried importing the Document Properties from an earlier
version where the numbering still is behaving correctly. Now I have two
non-contiguous appendices that show B, but all the rest are still A.

I am using FrameMaker 10 within TCS3. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

*Carol Gosnell*
***Technical Writer*

*NETWITNESS* | 10700 Parkridge Blvd., 6th Floor |Reston, VA 20191

O: 571.748.4095 | M: 703.728.7202 | F: 703.651.3126