MstrPg-Use question using RefPg-Table in Structured FrameMaker - 7.2

Richard Doll sgmlindy at tds.net
Mon Aug 22 20:47:21 PDT 2011

Framers,

Dell - 490 WorkStation ,
    Mem-4G (3.2 useable),
    Dual Monitors,
    Dual 80G hard Drives w/one 1T Western Digital (for backup)
    DSL for data communications (sure beats USPS, FedEx 'n UPS)
Win OpSys
    XP Pro - Serv Pk 3 Fully patched
FrameMaker
    7.2 - Fully Patched

My tables have a Table "columns" attribute that (with a Reference-Page
table) will control a table-specified MasterPage based on column quantity.

My tables have column-quantities from 3-6 and a 2nd group from 10-14.
The 3-6 col. group needs to be on 2-col pages and the 10-14 group on a 1-col
(full) page
I do have 4-different Masters . . . named . . . 2cRT, 2cLft, 1cRt and 1cLft
which do quite well when applied manually, a one or a few pages at a time.
The Section pg count varies from 30pp - 250pp with 0-2 images on full-width
pages and 1-6 images on 2-col pages.
The Section usually begins in full width (mode) and will alternate 1-col to
2-col three to twelve times per Section.

You can see . . . they can get quite busy and  . . . what I want is . . .
for the Table-Columns attribute to control pagination MasterPgs upon the
input of the SGML-data file.

Two questions . .  .
    1. Is this RefPg "Element-Attribute" Table>MasterPg a real, working,
solution?
    2. Where can I find written instruct's  that offers a "great"
instructional view of How it works and How to make it work?
    3. In the "columns" attribute value is the column-count(TEXTnumber) . .
. In the RefPg Table - in the attribute value column . . . Can I enter <8
and cause the 2-col. Master to be used and  . . . enter >8 to cause the
full/p-1-col Master to be used???
    4. or do I need to spec each col. quantity separately???

Thanks for reading this and double Thanks for answering!

best to all,

dick doll
317.539.4857
sgmlindy at tds.net