Changing the color of a horizontal rule under/over a paragraph

Laura Fergusson l.fergusson at codestuff.net
Wed Aug 24 05:32:13 PDT 2011

Hi Tim

I found this in FM9 web help. Is this what you're wanting to do?
HTH
Laura

Add graphics to paragraph formats
A paragraph format can include a line or other graphic that appears above or below a paragraph. Perhaps all top-level headings in a document rest on a long thin line.
1.     On a reference page, draw or import the graphic in a reference frame, or locate one already there that you want to use.
2.     Click in the paragraph you want to change. To place a line above or below several adjacent paragraphs, select all the paragraphs.
3.     Display the Advanced properties of the Paragraph Designer, and choose the name of a reference frame from the Frame Above Pgf or from the Frame Below Pgf pop-up menu. All reference frames appear in the pop-up menus.
4.     Click Apply To Selection.
[http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/9.0/Using/images/tip_help.png]Because the Frame Above Pgf and the Frame Below Pgf settings can't place graphics to the right or left of a paragraph, you can't use these settings to place boxes around text. Box text by using a single-cell table with outside ruling.