Does anyone know of any good way of handling right-to-left text?

Böðvar Björgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 07:47:49 PDT 2011

Hi Simon,

Somehow I managed this with arabic some years ago. We did the original in
Word and/or OpenOffice and then I either copy/pasted the text into FM or
imported the file (can't remember which), and, to my surprise, FM managed to
even keep the punctuation (commas and full stops) correct. That was FM 7.2.
But the whole time we had to change the language and country settings in
Windows to Arabic, and we even added the arabic keyboard for my Egyptian
colleague, who did the writing.

Bodvar

2011/8/30 Simon BUCH <simon.buch at m-ais.com>

> **
> Hello,
>
> I know from experience that FrameMaker still doesn't support right-to-left
> text, but I was wondering if there's anyone out there who have managed to
> work with bi-directional text publications with FrameMaker.   Or would you
> err towards other document handling solutions that can handle PDF and XML
> outputs?
>
> // Simon BUCH

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/bodvar%40gmail.com

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found
difficult and not tried.
-- Gilbert K. Chesterton