re-using paragraphs in Unstructured FrameMaker

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 02:08:40 PST 2011

Hi Ray

Indeed, there are times I wish I had conrefs and keyrefs in unstructured Fm
too. ;-)

You could put reusable content in variables, and manage the variables with
Leximation's BookVars plug-in:

http://www.leximation.com/tools/info/bookvars.php

The problem with variables however, is that they can only contain a limited
number of characters (and no graphics) and you cannot have "nested
variables", i.e. variables inside variables (which you can do with DITA
conrefs).

Maybe Scott can develop an "unstructured snippets" plug-in?

http://www.leximation.com/tools/info/structuresnippets.php

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion