linking to large unsorted para lists

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Fri Dec 9 19:32:26 PST 2011

Hi Robert,

You could use FrameScript (or ExtendScript for FrameMaker 10) to partially
automate the process of inserting the cross-references. For example, you
could have a custom list of the heading 1s that could be sorted, and the
list could be made wider and longer so you could see more of the heading
text. Or if there is a pattern to where the cross-references go for each
heading, you may be able to automate the whole process. If you are
interested in exploring a scripting solution, please contact me off-list.
Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.