Frame 9 - setting specific graphic sizes in dita xml jobs

Writer generic668 at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 15 06:33:41 PST 2011

You still haven't said what you use to create the PDF. However, I wouldn't bother trying to set up the columns, pages size, etc in the authoring environment because really all you are creating at that point is unformatted XML. I would apply all the formatting using the whatever it is you use to create the PDF. For example, if you're creating the PDF by going from DITA > FM > PDF, I would create a template to apply to the FM files.

I have seen references to some plug-ins for FM that allow you to control the defaults for anchored frames, but I've never used them.

They are:

ImpGraph by Bruce Foster (I'm not sure if this is still available as Mr. Foster passed away recently).
ShrinkWrapAsIs.dll (http://martinek.us/shrinkwrap.html).

Let us know how you resolve your problem.

Nadine