Cross reference links in FM and PDF

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Sat Dec 17 23:58:08 PST 2011

Theresa,

You wrote:

 > In book with multiple stories, some by the same author, I?ve generated
 > an SIX (subject) and AIX (author).

 > Using ?T? to represent the Marker, the AIX shows ?AuthorName?T Page#, T
 > Page#, T Page# ...

In your index reference page, SIX flow (or AIX flow), locate the SubjectIX
paragraph (or AuthorIX), typically showing <$pagenum>. Using the Paragraph
Designer, assign the visual link properties to this paragraph (e.g. Blue).
After you regenerate, the index numbers will be formatted accordingly (and
the index term as appears in the index will not be active).

 > Also, how does one define the cross-reference format so that if there is
 > more than one story for one author a comma space exists after the Page#,
 > but no comma if there is only one story for the author?

This should be the case automatically. If not, inspect the characters in
the SeparatorsSIX / SeparatorsAIX paragraphs.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants