Figure numbers that span all chapters in a book

Doug Edwards edwardsdo at neb.rr.com
Wed Dec 21 12:52:59 PST 2011

Season's greetings, fellow Framers!

I'm using unstructured FM 8 on Windows XP, and I have a set of FM documents that currently identify figures with consecutive numbers that span all chapters of the book. For example, chapter 1 has figures 1-5, chapter 2 has figures 6-10, and chapter 3 has figures 11-15. I defined a new paragraph format in a different template (using a new paragraph name) that I thought matched the definition in the original FM documents, applied the current template to the original FM documents, renamed all paragraphs using the old paragraph format to the new format name, and regenerated the book. Now all figure numbers are getting reset to 1 at the start of each chapter. I'd like to keep the figure numbers that span all chapters of the book, but I can't determine how it was done in the original FM documents. The paragraph format I'm using has an Autonumber Format of F:Figure <n+1>: .  Ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

Doug Edwards