Slash in dialog boxes become bullets in pdf

Christiane Crety (CC) CC at thrane.com
Tue Feb 1 07:22:30 PST 2011

OK, here are some more details:

*         FrameMaker 8.0p277, unstructured

*         Types of dialog boxes: Variable definitions and Index marker text.

*         My variable format definition: SAILOR 6120/30/40/50 (just text, no character formats or anything)

*         I think my index entry was "I/O connector" or something similar

*         The font is a special company font (Type 1)

*         I don't get any missing fonts messages in FrameMaker

*         Another thing: I tried experimenting a bit. When the paragraph format had Weight = Bold, the problem was not there (that was the reason why my headings were OK). But since I can't have all my variables in bold,  I tried changing the variable definition with commas instead of slashes. Then I changed it back to slashes, and now the problem is gone! Exactly the same definition as before, but now I don't see the problem. Only trouble is: I am not very confident that the problem won't come back...
Regards,
Christiane