Shortcut for "Repeat last"?

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:30:29 PST 2011

And if it really bothers you to have to press three keys to do either of the "repeat" operations that Stuart mentions, you can customize your UI to map those commands to shorter keystroke sequences. You do this either by modifying the existing FrameMaker cmds.cfg file or creating a customui.cfg file that contains just your customizations (much easier to maintain). Any given command can have multiple key sequences to invoke it, so the best bet is to define an alternative sequence (which can be a single key in the case of the F keys) rather than change the standard defined key sequence.

All of this is described in a file called Customizing_Frame_Products.pdf, which you should find in the Documents directory of the FrameMaker installation. Just search for the phrase "adding shortcuts for a command" to find the specifics and then read the preceding few pages to learn the basic concepts of how to modify the configuration files.

-Fred Ridder