FM grey GUI [WAS: Windows 7 - Snap]

Thu Feb 3 12:32:01 PST 2011

Stuart Rogers wrote:

> Bang on, Mike.  I'm also addressing this message to Kapil Verma, who was
> recently introduced as FM's product manager.  The low-contrast,
> monochrome GUI in FM 9 is not just butt-ugly, it's HARD TO USE.  It GETS
> IN THE WAY. It PREVENTS ME FROM EASILY ACHIEVING MY GOALS.

Reposting a message I sent to the list last March:

Check out Klaus Daube's Enhanced Toolbar for FM9 (http://www.daube.ch/docu/fmaker55.html). It's free, but requires the $25 MicroType ToolbarPlus Express (http://www.microtype.com/ToolbarPlus.html), which I highly recommend.

I'm still using FM7.2 for production work and haven't had a chance to try Klaus's Enhanced Toolbar for FM9, but it looks like it will help -- at least, it restores colors to the icons, which strikes me as a big improvement.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom