Please help me stop weeping... (sub-documents

Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 10:20:13 PST 2011

Interesting...  Rick had an answer to the clicking the button a million times
issue.  I frequently save Maker as HTML, and use it for a help system.  I don't
use structured Maker, so I don't get this problem with the missing element --
but it DOES create the unwanted links at the bottom of the page.  My goal is to
prepare these files so I can run them through Doxygen and get a regular-looking
HTML Help.

Well, I made a tool in Java that preps the HTML files for me.  It does the
following:

* Maps heading levels to "topics", and inserts the necessary Doxygen markup
* Strips out the unnecessary HTML head and tail tags, because Doxygen will
insert its own
* Changes the names of the files from the Maker-generated names (mybook-1.html,
mybook-2.html, etc.)

   into filenames based on the topic name.  It fixes all links from one file to
another, as well.
*  and YES!!!  It strips out those nasty links at the end.

All these steps are rather vertical -- they're based on formatting that I have
in my Maker templates.  So I can't just give this to you.  BUT...  It may be
easy to extract the logic that whacks the unwanted links at the end of the
file.  If you're interested, we can talk about this -- maybe it can turn into a
meaningful freeware tool.  Are there enough people on this list to show an
interest in that???

cud