Registration marks missing

Brad Anderson brad at frameusers.com
Mon Feb 7 10:46:24 PST 2011

Scott,

I think the Save as PDF command automatically invokes a crop which is causing the reg marks to disappear.   Printing to PS using the Adobe PDF printer should be fine.

I would handle the color in this order of preference:

1) Open the Frame files (assuming no new functions in 9 are used) in Frame 7 on the Mac and output to a correctly output CMYK PDF.

2) If your printer will support it, create PostScript/PDF files where you do your own separations from FrameMaker.   FrameMaker will correctly separate the files and color integrity is maintained with the separations.   I've done several 300+ page 5 color books this way on with Windows side with much success.   The problem is finding a printer with a capable pre-press person that can handle the pre-separated files.

3) Output the PDF from the Windows side and post-process the colors.

Thanks,

Brad