Hyperlinking Between Frame and MS Word Source

Ben Allums allums at webworks.com
Tue Feb 8 07:05:59 PST 2011

On 2/4/2011 6:12 PM, Steve Johnson wrote:
> I'm copying Bell Allums from WebWorks. There probably is a way but I
> can't recall it.
>
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Angela Akridge<angela.akridge at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I basically have a "hybrid" help system that calls both Frame source and MS
>> Word source. I use WebWorks. The help output looks great, and a customer
>> can't distinguish the underlying source. However, I need to link
>> (cross-reference/hyperlink) between these two sources.
>>
>> Is there a way to link from a Frame source (H1) to an MS Word source (H1)?
>> Since they are both proprietary, I think not.

Angela,

It is certainly possible to link between FrameMaker and Word documents
with ePublisher.  You'll just be working with FrameMaker's hypertext
markers to make it happen.

I've posted the required steps and a sample ePublisher project up on the
WebWorks wiki if you'd like to try it out.

<http://wiki.webworks.com/HelpCenter/Tips/Linking%20between%20Frame
and%20Word>

Enjoy!

Ben Allums