WebWorks 7 & Character Mapping

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Tue Feb 8 10:52:13 PST 2011

Brad,

Starting with a certain version, WWP has an internal mapping that matches the FrameRoman encoding to Unicode (and it handles the Mac characters also). I remember that old charcater maps were kept in old form (mapping to FrameRoman), but new maps used Unicode. I am not sure how to detect the difference. But you can not mix \xfb (FrameRoman for the degree) and \u00B0 in the same character map. Could this be the source of the problem?

I understand you first need to match the character before thinking what the output should be.

My old WWP support pages are still available, they live here:

http://wwp.cap-studio.de/index.html.en

There is also a character lis document that might be helpful, even though it does not show Unicode values, only Western Windows ANSI codes:

http://wwp.cap-studio.de/common/res/FM_SBCS_complete.html

I have about one request/year regarding WWP and sometimes I remember some stuff...

- Michael