FM9: Cannot save - File with odd suffix (.7DE)

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Fri Feb 11 06:43:32 PST 2011

Hi Framers,

I jus changed computers - from XP to Windows 7. I am using FM9 p255.

I have a file that I can open and edit but not
save! FM says its temporary file cannot be
renamed because it has an odd suffix, like "file.7DE".

I deleted that file with the odd suffix and tried to save, same problem....

I saved to a different file, and when editing it same problem - odd suffix.

But I have no problem working with our FM files
on the network server (most of our files are there).

Any ideas?

Thx everyone!

Stephen

Stephen O'Brien
Coordonnateur à la documentation / Documentation Coordinator
Rédacteur technique senior / Senior Technical Writer
InnovMetric Logiciels inc. / InnovMetric Software Inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
E-mail: sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com
PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform (TM)
PolyWorks, la plate-forme logicielle universelle de métrologie 3D (TM)