Adding fixed text to a single chapter's page numbering

Les Smalley l_c_smalley at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 15:16:36 PST 2011

Thank you for the kind words and support for my auto-numbering paper, which is a decade old now and was current as of FM version 6 where the $chapnum and $volnum numbering variables were introduced.  I'm quite pleased to see that it is still a valuable and useful reference.
Thankfully, little has changed, although I know one thing that the paper misstates: the series label to identify different numbering sequences can be any single printable character, not just any upper- or lower-case letter, so there are far more that just 53 different series of numbering streams possible in a FM document.
While I haven't been associated with INFOCON since late 2008, I try to keep up with this list even if I'm not an active FM user in my present job (where I'm not even involved with the documentation group.)
Keep the faith, and Happy Framing!
– Les Smalley